What’s happening now?
CHECK OUT our facebook or Events page for the latest news!
-Foraging skill-share walk, Tues 10th May, open to all. Meet at 6:45pm, head out at 7pm. Bring food to share and we’ll eat a wild salad with our dinner before the meeting!
– OPEN Meeting, Fir Tree Pub on Iffley Road, Tues 10th May 8pm – ~9:30pm
– PRUNING Skill-Shares: weekends in February & March
– Baby Tree GRAFTING: March
– Foraging: March
– Food Surplus Chutney Making: Winter/Spring
Here’s some of what we got up to recently!
* Apple Pressing @ Donnington Doorsteps (Children’s Surestart Centre) Bonfire Party/Fundraiser! Fri 6th November 6 – 8pm
* Harvests this weekend (6th – 8th Nov 2015) tbc, keep your eyes peeled for more info! [Follow our blog or email AbundanceHarvestsOxford@gmail.com to find out more!]
Thursday 5th, at 4pm, Harvest in Rosehill! More info on fb or email AbundanceHarvestsOxford@gmail.com
* 1 HARVEST in North Oxford/City Centre: Tuesday 27th Oct (6:15pm – 7pm) more info here: https://abundanceoxford.wordpress.com/2015/10/21/2-harvests-abundance-social-tues-27th-oct/
– ABUNDANCE SOCIAL Tuesday 27th 8pm – 9:30/10pm, The Star pub, Rectory Road https://abundanceoxford.wordpress.com/2015/10/21/2-harvests-abundance-social-tues-27th-oct/
– Apple Pressing with Donnington Doorstep SureStart Centre, Fri 6th Nov
– Join our core team here: https://abundanceoxford.wordpress.com/about/join-the-core-team/
More about what’s on HERE: https://abundanceoxford.wordpress.com/events/
Sadly, you just missed our annual APPLE DAY! Sunday 18th October –
FB event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1659610197620826/
– Harvest Sun 23rd August, time tbc, Grandpont (off Abingdon Road) (email us to get involved!)
– Upcoming Apple Harvest, Florence Park (email us to get involved!)
the last of elderflower
the beginnings of elderberries
early plums/wild plums (look out for them)
* Home Brew of Abundance & Friends at Long Bridges wild spot (by Donnington Bridge) 6pmish onwards, 12th June
* Elderflower Cordial Making on Sunday 14th 2-5pm @ HIll End Outdoor Education Centre (part of Tandem Skills Camp, FREE & open to all)
* Abundance does Tandem Festival – we’ll all be enjoying Tandem Festival over the summer solstice weekend (19th-21st June): come try out our Elderflower Cordial there!
Check out our blog below for up to date news & events & how to get involved!
FRUIT GLUT? If you’ve got an excess of fruit or veg and want us to come harvest it, find out more HERE !
Check our EVENTS page to see where we’ll be.. !
– Abundance Meetings: From July onwards are usually every 2nd Tuesday of the month , with the odd exception, usually at Oxford Hubs (above Turl St Kitchen)
– Abundance Socials: USUALLY every 4th Tuesday of the month, except for the odd exception, 7pm onwards in The Star (off Rectory Road)
We’re currently looking for outreach workshop volunteers and for those to help with foraging & fundraising to help with certain roles , for more info look here !
Call 07708776392 any day after 6pm if you want to check a meeting is happening!