Hope you’re enjoying a spectacularly sunny day. Spring is well and truly sprung and blossom coats the trees and pavements beneath – if you’ve got blossoming fruit trees, or spy them whilst out & about we’d love you to tweet us photos on @AbundanceOxford!
There’s a few things we’d love to tell you about:
* Abundance Nettle Foraging (for food surplus café!): Friday 24th April, Meet @ 5:30pm
* Oxford Food Surplus (Pay as You Feel) Café Sat 25th April 12 – 4pm
* Food Jobs:
– Feeding the Gaps – Project Co-ordinator
– Real Farming Trust – “Just Growth” Programme Manager
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
** Abundance Nettle Foraging for Oxford Food Surplus Café Pop-Up! ** FRIDAY 24th April
On Friday 24th we’ll meet at 5:30pm at a wild location tbd, in East Oxford, to pick wild nettles for the Oxford Food Surplus Café Pop-up LAUNCH!
email us on AbundanceHarvestsOxford@gmail.com for where to meet & we’ll announce it on facebook soon. We’ll go to pub afterwards most likely!
All welcome, bring gardening gloves if you have them & a fabric bag if you want to take some nettles to add to your dinner!
** Oxford Food Surplus Café LAUNCH! ** SATURDAY 25th April
The OxFoodSurplusCafe will be the first event of it’s kind in Oxford:
– the scrumptious veggie food cooked up will be food that would otherwise have gone uneaten
– the price you pay? what you can afford or feel you want to give – if you can afford it & want to support the project: give generously, if you are really struggling then give whatever you can or take it as a gift, and you can always gift us something in return, maybe doing the washing up, for example! Facebook event here
Volunteers to help with setting up & cooking, welcomed! Sign up here!
– Real Farming Trust – “Just Growth” Programme Manager, 3 days/week, more info & how to apply here, Deadline May 4th
Hope you can join us foraging or at the café to eat the fruits of our labour cooked up by a fabulous team of volunteers!
Gluts of love,