We’re very happy to announce that we won £500 thanks to the People’s Budget in East Oxford! We’d like to thank the green councillors for their amazing work in making this event happen. We’re also glad that one of our sister projects, Feeding the Gaps, also won full funding, as well as shout outs our friends Oxford Community Markets & Broken Spokes who also won funding.
With this funding we will be rolling out a PRUNING SKILL-UP (already on facebook, check it out) and subsequent PRUNING SKILL-SHARES through out March , targeting East Oxford.
How can you help?
* Tell us about fruit trees in need of pruning, especially across East Oxford. How to tell? There’s a photo below with a good example of a tree desperately in need of a prune.
Ideally the tree owners would be keen to donate any surplus fruit from their crop to Abundance, for us to redistribute come harvest time.
So how can you join in?
* This (Friday 20th) evening we’ll have a small informal work party to chat through how the pruning funding will be spent & look at foraging. If you’d like to join, text 07708776392. We’ll be meeting at a house in East Oxford.
* Sunday 1st March we’ll be running a Pruning Skill-Up:
the idea being that those who can attend learn skills, which they can then share with others. All attendees need to be able to commit to sharing their newfound skills with at least two other people and/or in at least one Abundance coordinated skill-share.
* Subsequent Saturdays & Sundays in March 2015, 11am onwards
we’ll be pruning trees across Oxford, sharing skills as we go. You can join in these sessions and learn for a donation of whatever you can afford.
Turning trees which look like this:
into healthy, productive trees with much longer life-spans and better quality fruit!
Tree pruning offered will also be on a donations only basis to the tree-owners.
If you’d like to come, sign up to our facebook events, or email AbundanceHarvestsOxford@gmail.com with your name, phone number and
– an idea of how much tree pruning experience you have (if any, no experience is fine!)
– whether you have your own pruning tools &
– whether you are comfortable climbing trees or being in trees.
Hope to hear from lots of you!
Gluts of Love
Abundance Oxford Tree Care Crew
[if you’d like to join the Tree Care Crew & help organise tree care related events and share skills, please email AbundanceHarvestsOxford@gmail.com with your details! thanks!]