Abundance Apple Day is an annual event celebrating all that is APPLE, put on by Abundance Oxford, an urban harvesting, redistribution & preserve-making volunteer-run community group. For more details about Apple Day, see below…
OPEN PLANNING MEETING:
On Tuesday 7th October, from 7:15pm – 9pm, we’ll be brainstorming:
– What we should have at apple day (& what else we should have)
– how we’d like Apple Day to run logistically
– breaking the activities into tasks to share out amongst volunteers: so that together we can make the 19th October, Abundance Apple Day 2014 a great day for all!
If you’d like to help volunteer – either on Apple Day itself and/or in the run up to Apple Day, or even just find out more, then please come join the meeting.
If you can’t make the meeting but would like to help out, email AbundanceHarvestsOxford@gmail.com with your name & number and we’ll be in touch soon!
Abundance Apple Day
Sunday 19th October, 12-5:30pm Hogacre Common Eco Park
We’d love to invite you all to come down and join us:
* to eat delicious food from a veggie/vegan apple-themed lunch menu, with gluten-free options
* to press apple juice from apples that would otherwise have gone uneaten
* to try apple preserves & even try your hand at making apple jam
& take part in all sorts of activities inc. apple bobbing, apple crafts, cider-making and more!
There will be delicious organic, fair trade tea & coffee, mulled apple juice and scrumptious vegan cakes & crumbles served all day!
FREE ENTRY, 12-5pm, Hogacre Common Eco Park (site of OxGrow community edible garden (garden sessions will be running 1-4pm as per usual))
For help finding Hogacre Common Eco Park, look here: http://www.wolvercote.org/Calendar.htm / http://www.oxgrow.org/get-involved/finding-oxgrow/ (Oxgrow is on Hogacre Common, right next to the site of Apple Day )