Happy New Abundant Year to you all!
We’ve been in a little winter hibernation after a jam-packed year full of fruit, foraging, redistribution (and jam), but now it’s time to start planning for next year and also to start looking at organising winter fruit activities too – namely PRUNING & GRAFTING!
We’ve got our first full open meeting of the year THIS TUESDAY, 28th, in the “Living Room” upstairs of the Turl Street Kitchen / Oxford Hubs (16-17 Turl Street, off Broad Street, in the middle of the town centre).
Here are some of the key items on our agenda:
– Disco Soup Planning: planning an even more engaged follow-up to the successful FooDisco in Bonn Square in November.
– Communications: Looking for someone interested in taking on a role to help with improving our overall communications and the awareness of what we do amongst a larger group of people.
– Fundraising: Looking at what sorts of tasks we’d want to have funds for and looking through some opportunities for funds we can apply for that have already been identified.
– Impact Assessment: We’d love a hand working out our true impact last year – lots of figures to go through, please let us know if you’re interested in helping as it’s very useful for fundraising and also it’s great knowing what real impact we’ve had!
– Upcoming Winter Activities:
– Slightly late Wassail: is anyone keen to organise and make this happen e.g. at Hogacre Common?
– Facilitation of Winter Workshops (i.e. finding someone to run them, finding times to do them and helping make sure we have enough attendees)
* Pruning skill-share and pruning of trees across Oxford: how should we organise this?
* Grafting workshops: when should we organise and who is keen to help facilitate/organise these ?
– Other Events/Collaborations Possible
– Sustainable Food Cities
And AoBs are welcome!
Everyone welcome to join us, hope to see lots of new and old faces, feel free to bring a packed dinner to share if you’d like to and we’ll bring some meeting snacks!